How Does the Review Get Conducted?
Every year, there are numbers of diversified surveys being conducted freely and independently among customers with regards to vitamins and supplements that they usually use. The results of questionnaires are then carefully filtered and analysed based on collected responses. Respondents are generally asked to rate hundreds of various brands and merchants. Those famous merchants and brands, are then rated based on the highest ratings and overall satisfaction of consumers within specific segment of market.
The latest comprehensive consumer trends and preferences report 2020 is provided below for your reference, as it analyses and compares satisfaction among consumers with famous supplements brands and merchants. Besides that, the report also studies the application of numerous certain kinds of supplements as well as nutritional products along with specific questionnaires. Results are analysed and filtered based on respondents’ gender, age, and also level of specific supplement consumption.
Definition of Dietary Supplements and Herbal Supplements
Prior to moving towards detailed analysis and comparison between Dietary and Herbal Supplements, it is very important to understand the definition of each term.
Uniform definition of Dietary Supplements as products includes the following points:
- Can be taken orally (in a form of tablet, powder, capsule, or liquid);
- Created to supplement the diet;
- Contain one or more dietary ingredients, such as minerals, vitamins, botanicals and herbs, enzymes, amino acids, extracts and tissues from glands or organs;
- Have an appropriate label of Dietary Supplements.
On the other hand, Herbal Supplements have the following definition:
- Herbal supplements – type of dietary supplement with one or more herbs in its content;
- Alternatively, can be referred to as botanicals
- Produced from algae, plants, fungi, or a combination of them;
- Available in a form of extracts, teas, capsules, tablets, powders and others.
List of Dietary and Herbal Supplements
Based on independent surveys and researches, containing various questions regarding use of natural products (i.e. dietary supplements other than minerals and vitamins), the following list has been constructed:
- Fish Oil/Omega 3/DHA, EPA, Fatty Acids;
- Glucosamine and/or Chondroitin;
- Coenzyme Q10;
- Gingko Biloba;
- Cranberry (capsules or pills);
- Garlic Supplements;
When it comes to Herbal Supplements, the following are the most preferred ones based on the latest surveys conducted in 2020:
- Anxiety and Stress Relief Supplement – with Ashwagandha, Hawthorne, Rhodiola Rosea, L-Theanine;
- Horny Goat Weed Herbal Complex Extract for Men and Women – with Tongkat Ali, Maca Root and Saw Palmetto;
- Turmeric Curcumin Capsules;
- Sambucus Elderberry Capsules – with Zinc and Vitamin C;
- Cardiovascular Support Supplements – with Ashwagandha;
- Bio-Aligned Vitamins & Herbal Supplements – with Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Beta-Carotene and Grapeseed;
Nevertheless, even though those are top rated Dietary and Herbal Supplements, each patient is still required to carefully read through their detailed description and familiarize himself with potential side effects and contraindications in order to avoid possible negative effects to wellbeing. A proper discussion with healthcare provider is the best way to start any treatment with dietary or herbal supplements. Make sure you provide your treatment history and list of serious diseases as well as operations conducted, if any. That will ease the process of selecting the most appropriate supplement for your health.
Specific dietary as well as herbal supplements can be effective for your health, while others haven’t shown any evidence of efficiency. For information on the effectiveness of different supplements, it is best to consult with healthcare provider as well as via official medical studies.