According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, more than 1 in 20 Americans over the age of 20 are morbidly obese, increasing their risk of developing other health conditions like heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and certain types of cancer. My Canadian Pharmacy bariatric weight loss program is designed to help people improve their health and quality of life by using surgical intervention for weight reduction.
Weight loss is a journey, and at MCP, we are here to help you every step of the way. Our team of surgeons perform a variety of minimally invasive weight loss procedures which may provide the life-changing results you’re seeking.
Our comprehensive approach to weight loss provides the resources and support you need to be successful, from nutrition and mental health counseling to exercise planning and long-term follow up tailored to the special needs of the bariatric patient.
You may be a candidate for weight loss surgery if you are:
- Between the ages of 18 and 65
- Obese with a body mass index of 35 or above
- Struggling with an obesity-related condition like hypertension, heart disease or sleep apnea
- Currently trying to or have tried in the past to lose weight through other means such as diet and exercise
- Psychologically ready for weight loss surgery and willing to commit to a whole new lifestyle
- Not drug or alcohol dependent
Intragastric Balloon Procedure – MCP is among the first in the nation to offer this non-surgical procedure to patients living with moderate obesity. This treatment option utilizes a soft, expandable silicone balloon to temporarily take up space in the stomach, ultimately helping individuals achieve an earlier feeling of fullness at mealtimes. The procedure is typically performed on an outpatient basis and does not require extensive recovery time.