About College Station Medical Center in College Station, Texas
To many of our friends, we're known as "The MED" and we trace our roots back to the city of Bryan where we began as Bryan Hospital in 1931. In 1987, the hospital moved to its current location at 1604 Rock Prairie Road in College Station.
Over the years, the MED has led many first-time medical advancements in our region including the introduction of neonatology, surgical robotics and advanced interventional cardiology. The MED is a Trauma Level III facility licensed for 167 beds. It is a Cycle III accredited Chest Pain Center, Certified Primary Stroke Center and was the region's first Sleep Center to be accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). The MED's 30-Minute ER Service Pledge is an example of how its physicians, nurses and staff constantly strive to improve the hospital's level of care. Another example of community commitment is the MED's recently completed $23 million hospital expansion.
The MED has strong relationships in place with several medical practices including the Brenham Clinic, Family Care Center in Buffalo, TX, and Navasota Medical Center. In College Station, more than 90 physicians maintain offices on the MED campus which is centered in the newly-created College Station Medical District. Employees, clinical staff, and more than 200 active physicians strive to exceed patient expectations, while delivering compassionate, quality care.
For more information and a complete listing of services, view our online fact sheet.